Posts Tagged ‘Margaritas’
Yes, tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and as I sit here writing this weeks Friday Fare, I can swear that I hear the blenders blending, the ice clinking, and can taste the distinctive combo of fresh lime and tequila. For a drink so simple in its ingredients, cocktail enthusiasts have been battling over its variations for years. Blended vs. On the Rocks, Cointreau vs. Triple Sec, Patron vs. Don Julio, and most important of all; Salt vs. No Salt! Each will vehemently tell you that theirs is the right and only way to mix up this refreshing libation. I offer you my favorite version below. Simple, easy to make, and delicious. Oh, and for my taste, “On the rocks and hold the salt”.
- Salt, for rimming the glass (optional)
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (Blanco, 100 percent agave)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau (not Triple
- If using salt, place in a shallow dish. Moisten the rim of a rocks glass with a dampened paper towel, dip in salt.
- Fill the glass with ice; add tequila, lime juice, and Cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. Serve immediately.